The recent outbreak of the Corona Virus is effecting the global community dramatically. It directly impacts our situations as much as it calls for new existential, social and political thinking. We, the board of the Gwaertler Stiftung, are also trying to navigate and understand our role and how we can best contribute at this time. We have more questions than answers. We do believe that we are in a critical time with unique opportunities and challenges and we hope to promote reflection, care, adaptation and growth.
The Gwaertler Stiftung is asking how best can artistic activity support the needs of artists and local and international communities with a direct awareness and response to what is now happening. This virus is not only a physical infection, but also an internal and emotional one. Care now demands, against our intuition, a physical distance from one another and we must all now decide how best to be alone - yet make the contribution towards society that resonates with the full potential of art. Some of the questions we are asking are –
- What does this crisis mean for art? How can you develop an awareness of, or perhaps contribute towards, what might emerge afterwards?
- What are the sources of energy to strengthen one’s inner power in order to have an individual possibility to face this challenging situation?
- Do you take this time to reflect or delve deeper into your understanding and craft or do you find ways to reach out in new unchartered ways to touch others?
The Gwaertler Stiftung is a small foundation, with limited resources. We specifically aim to support those whose circumstances may place them at a disadvantage when seeking support elsewhere. When considering an application, please do so with an honest and transparent awareness of your needs, and with care to consider those whose needs are not being met.
Please send us your application as one PDF Document (A4 format) by e-mail to info_at_gwaertler.ch. The application should be one document of no more than a maximum of 6 pages (no double pages), with the following possible content:
- Description of the project
- Budget including desired contribution from the Stiftung
- Relevant links
- Information about you or your organization
- Involved persons
- Contact information
The jury usually meets every two months. Applicants will be notified of the results shortly thereafter.
The Gwärtler Foundation does not support any persons who are still in education. We do not support tours, CD or album production.